November 04, 2011

A lesson learnt....

I went back to my terrace to find,
That of all the lamps that I lit,
Only one stayed alive,
And when a gush of wind blew,
I stood there merciless,
Hoping to watch it die,
And she bent, she swayed, she flickered,
And yet refused to subside,
I threw a wicked smirk at her plight,
And stood there,
To watch her give up against the wind's might,
As darkness engulfed her,
I still wonder how?
She danced and showed me one of the dazzling lights,
Stunned and ashamed,
When I felt small,
She put her arms around me,
And spoke with care and calm,
'You can wither and wilt',
'Or you can fight',
'You can succumb to the pressure', 'Or find moments to treasure',
'Its about you, not them',
'Its never about what you are made of',
'Its about what you choose to become'....

No comments: