November 14, 2005

My Fear - My Nemesis

What am I afraid of in my life? Death and whatmore? My fear can only emerge from the very gripping thought of uncertainty. When faced with an environment that is unknown, fear strikes with all its ammunition and strikes strong. It is my life's biggest nemesis if not the only one. I am thrown into shackles with utter disdain by this humongous monster. My mind starts going berserk and the heart dosen't feel left behind either, extending a rocking quaver to my body as though I am freezing to death. Shivers chill my spine. I find no time to bring some rationale to my mind and some courage to my heart. My shoulders droop, legs feel weak, mouth goes dead dry and the ears cant listen to anything. Fear gets cancerous, like gangrene it spreads across my body and takes complete possession of me. But it still leaves my eyes, which keep glancing here and there furtively at something which may strike me momentarily, so that I always keep wondering when is the next strike. I start abondoning myself and that is when I am lost completely. I am found nowhere. So I avoid all uncertainity, do not touch it, pack it up and force it into a falseful oblivion and try and bury it all in the land of amnesia or even Alzheimer’s??

But why??

Why not embrace hope and persistence? Why not challenge the uncertainty? Why not answer the questions that may give the right or wrong answers? If fear is such a big nemesis of mine, what is the point in keeping it so close to myself? Why not chuck it?Why not bid it a farewell? Why not let the mind think in the wake of every moment of fright? Why not bring meaning to my existence? Why not lose everything else but not myself?

No comments: